Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A 417th Regimental Company Commanding Officer...



Capt. Maynard was born in 1914 in Minnesota. He Graduated from North Dakota State University in 1937 with the rank of Second Lieutenant. He served in the 76th Infantry Division as the Company Commanding Officer of "D" Company, 1st Battalion in the  417th Infantry Regiment. He made the Army a lifelong career and retired as a Colonel in 1967.

He was awarded the Silver Star Medal, Soldier's Medal, Bronze Star Medal, and the EAME Medal with 3 stars for the Ardennes, Rhineland, and Central European Campaigns.

This man embodied what it means to be a soldier and was a true hero for his actions in Germany during the war. This uniform is the centerpiece of my collection and it is only fitting to be the first featured item on this site.







1 comment:

  1. Hi, this will sound bizzare but this is my Grandfather. I found this by googling his information. Please share any more photos you may have with me. My name is Jeff Maynard. I am his sons, son. You can contact me at jeffreymaynard86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete